Mr. Fantasy's cuts on his leg were a little deeper than Mike originally suspected, but they did not require stitches. We will not miss too much time, but Mr. Fantasy will not go back to the track for 7-10 days. Besides the cuts, Mike reports that he came out of the race in good order.
Phosphorescent's foot was much better so Lupe went ahead and had the blacksmith put his shoe back on. He went back to the track on Monday and moved soundly. Lupe plans on jogging him for a little while before resuming normal training. It could be as short as a few days or maybe a little longer. Lupe wants to see how the horse does after a few days. Phosphorescent is quite fit, and Lupe wants to make sure that foot does not flare up again. We will look for a "two other than" allowance going short on the turf for his next start. Depending on how quickly Lupe feels comfortable cranking up the training again that will most likely be in the second half of June
The Defense Rests came out of his last breeze in good order and Mike maintains that he will need one more work before running. Mike has yet to pick out a race, but he will do so in short order.
Adventures in horse racing
- ► 2012 (83)
- ► 2011 (128)
- Mr. Fantasy Just Misses Score in $100K Decathlon a...
- Race Recap
- Saturday at the Shore
- Race Analysis
- Selena Wins
- Race Entry
- Workout (update)
- Weekend at Pimlico
- Phosy wins atPimlico
- "Lupe Preciado said, 'I told Ramon (Dominguez) to ...
- "You can go home again. Phosphorescent made his re...
- "Phosphorescent is set to make his first start for...
- "The Defense Rests' knee looks much better. He res...
- What we need ( from Financial Times How to spent i...
- Mr F goes to the shore (updates)
- "Phosphorescent breezed a good half-mile in 49 las...
- "The Defense Rests missed today's scheduled breeze...
- ▼ May (29)