"The Defense Rests missed today's scheduled breeze. He had some filling in his knee on Monday. Mike had the knee x-rayed on Tuesday, and the pictures came back looking good. They injected him with an anti-inflammatory yesterday, but the swelling did not come down all the way today. This looks like a hiccup given that the x-rays looked good, but we are monitoring. He'll walk for a few days. If the swelling comes down then it could be something as simple as a reaction to a bug bite. If not, then we'll look to do further diagnostics."
Selena is entered for a maiden claiming race at The Finger Lakes on monday
On the breeding front there is mixed news Affirm Promise lost her Bluegrass Cat foal this may be due to fact she was pregant with triplets and the vet had to pinch 2 we shall try again on a happier front Six Zeroes is in foal to Freud .
Adventures in horse racing
- ► 2012 (83)
- ► 2011 (128)
- Mr. Fantasy Just Misses Score in $100K Decathlon a...
- Race Recap
- Saturday at the Shore
- Race Analysis
- Selena Wins
- Race Entry
- Workout (update)
- Weekend at Pimlico
- Phosy wins atPimlico
- "Lupe Preciado said, 'I told Ramon (Dominguez) to ...
- "You can go home again. Phosphorescent made his re...
- "Phosphorescent is set to make his first start for...
- "The Defense Rests' knee looks much better. He res...
- What we need ( from Financial Times How to spent i...
- Mr F goes to the shore (updates)
- "Phosphorescent breezed a good half-mile in 49 las...
- "The Defense Rests missed today's scheduled breeze...
- ▼ May (29)