Adventures in horse racing
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Mr F goes to the shore (updates)
"Mr. Fantasy is doing well. Mike Hushion is looking at two possible spots for his next race, both are stakes races. There is the $100,000 Decathalon Stakes on May 22nd (opening day) at Monmouth, and there is $100,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap(G3) on May 15th (Preakness Day) at Pimlico. Right now, Mike Hushion is strongly leaning toward the race at Monmouth. While we would love to showcase Mr. Fantasy on one of racing's biggest stages, he can be quite fractious. The Pimlico paddock is tiny, and there will be 120,000 people there. Monmouth is an easier trip and has a better paddock but the race is ungraded. We might do a little more digging about who might be going to which race, but we're likely looking at the Decathalon for his next start."
- ► 2012 (83)
- ► 2011 (128)
- Mr. Fantasy Just Misses Score in $100K Decathlon a...
- Race Recap
- Saturday at the Shore
- Race Analysis
- Selena Wins
- Race Entry
- Workout (update)
- Weekend at Pimlico
- Phosy wins atPimlico
- "Lupe Preciado said, 'I told Ramon (Dominguez) to ...
- "You can go home again. Phosphorescent made his re...
- "Phosphorescent is set to make his first start for...
- "The Defense Rests' knee looks much better. He res...
- What we need ( from Financial Times How to spent i...
- Mr F goes to the shore (updates)
- "Phosphorescent breezed a good half-mile in 49 las...
- "The Defense Rests missed today's scheduled breeze...
- ▼ May (29)