Adventures in horse racing
Thursday, April 1, 2010
"Mr. Fantasy continues to train nicely since his last race. He breezed an easy half-mile in 49.30 this morning at Palm Meadows. Mike reports that he has shown no physical problems and is moving soundly. Mike thinks that an allowance race going a flat mile on the main track at Aqueduct is our best bet as a next race. Accordingly, we are going to point for the allowance race on April 18th at Aqueduct. This would give us six weeks until the Met Mile on May 31st at Belmont if we were to run well. Mike plans on shipping Mr. Fantasy back to New York about ten days before the race, as he would like to get a work over the Aqueduct strip before running. We considered the Billy Red Coat Stakes on April 21st, but that race is seven furlongs. Our ultimate goal is not overnight stakes races, but graded stakes races. Mike thinks going a flat mile in the allowance race is more advantageous than going shorter in the overnight stake. The purse difference is not that great, and an overnight stake does nothing of note for a graded stakes winner like Mr. Fantasy."
- ► 2012 (83)
- ► 2011 (128)
- "Phosphorescent remains on target for the “a other...
- "The Defense Rests came out of his debut in good o...
- 1st Stakes & 3rd Straight as Dr. W Upsets Mr. Fant...
- Defense at Aqueduct April 24th
- Busy Day Saturday
- Mr Fantasy Billy Redcoat
- Photos from Aqueduct
- Racing Wednesday
- "Phosphorescent worked a half mile in 49 flat on M...
- "The Defense Rests breezed five furlongs in 1:03 a...
- Vidoes taken Tuesday Morning Six Zeroes and Foal
- Lots to catch up on
- "Phosphorescent arrived to Lupe Preciado at Philad...
- "The Defense Rests breezed five furlongs in 1:03.4...
- We Have a Baby
- "We are working on a van to get Phosphorescent fro...
- "The Defense Rests was galloping soundly all week ...
- ▼ April (27)