Thursday, March 24, 2011


Brave Monarch is galloping daily at Palm Meadows and his energy level is high.

Graham’s thoughts: -ankles showed some slight inflammation after his last race, but nothing I’m really concerned about.

Next steps:

Graham is gradually moving his string back up north. As Brave Monarch, will campaign in the Midatlantic region this spring and summer, Graham is leaning toward getting him back up there sooner rather than later. Two race options are under consideration:

25k maiden claiming race going 1 1/16 miles on the turf on Friday, April 15th at Pimlico ($18,000 purse)

-We understand its a decreased claiming price, but don’t see him as a strong candidate to be claimed.

-Graham thinks he’ll be very tough at this level at this venue, and sees it as a great way to get a win under his belt.

-Our colt would ship back to Graham’s homebase at Fair Hill Training Center after the race.

30k maiden claiming race going 1 1/16 miles on the Polytrack on Wednesday, April 20th at Keeneland ($19,000 purse)

-We’d make a stop in the Bluegrass to run on his way back to Graham’s base at Fair Hill.

-Most horses that run well on the turf transfer their form to the Polytrack.

-The competition will likely be tougher at Keeneland versus Pimlico.

-He’d ship from Kentucky back to Fair Hill after the race.

Brave Monarch is on target to return to the worktab soon. Once we get a breeze under his belt, we’ll confer with Graham and make a decision as to which race to shoot for.

The Defense Rests returned to the worktab with an easy three furlong breeze in 38:00 on Saturday at Belmont. The work was not picked up by the clockers. Mike reports that his foot problems appear under control, and that he has responded well to the fiberglass parch. His coat is bright and shiny.

Both WPT and Mike understand that this has been a frustrating horse for his Partners. He’s been nagged by foot issues throughout his career, and rest assured we’re doing everything we can to treat and better yet, prevent these issues from reoccurring. Mike is going to do his best to keep him on a regular breeze schedule moving forward in anticipation of a return to the races this spring.

Phosphorescent is galloping each morning on the farm in Ocala. The plan remains to ship him back to Lupe in May once he has a solid foundation underneath him on the farm. If he comes back to Lupe and is training well, we’ll likely try to find an allowance race on the turf in June for his return to the races.

Mr. Fantasy remains on target to resume training toward the end of next week. He’s on target to ship back to Mike’s barn in May after rebuilding a foundation on the farm

Six Zeroes gave birth to a Freud filly last week  Affirmed Promise has been moved and is due to give birth to a Bluegrass Cat foal next month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.